Boy electrocuted by open electricity transformer

 

A tragic incident has taken place after a boy was electrocuted.

Parents, let’s be very very careful. May we not cry over our young ones.

Little Muhammad Arafat was electrocuted. The transformer was left wide open and the innocent child walked into it..

Community leaders, parents, stakeholders and whoever matters must ensure that transformers situated in areas are fenced and locked to guide against such unfortunate occurrences.

The victim, Arafat  has been electrocuted when he strayed into an electric transformer house.

The incident occurred on Thursday night at the Senior Quarters of the Federal Low-Cost Housing Estate in Maikunkele, a suburb of Minna.

The Deceased was said to have been in a search of his sister who had gone to fetch water for the House when he strayed into the transformer house where he was electrocuted.

An eyewitness said that it was a passerby who raised alarm when he noticed unusual activity in the transformer house but before the victim could be rescued, he had been burnt beyond recognition.

The remains of the boy were taken from the transformer house and buried according to Islamic rite on Thursday night.

The Public Relations Officer, of the Abuja Electricity Development Company (AEDC) Adamu Muhammad, confirmed the incident saying the Managing Director of AEDC had despatched a high powered delegation to pay a condolence visit to the family of the deceased.

The ugly incident happened in Nigeria.

 

Loading...

0 thoughts on “Boy electrocuted by open electricity transformer”

Write a Reply or Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.